Reporting directly to the General Manager, he/she will be responsible for the following activities:
- Strengthen and manage the technical team, reinforcing the R&D function from an organizational and procedural standpoint and maximizing the team's skills and potential;
- Define strategic technology goals, as well as the projects and developments necessary to achieve them (time, methods and cost);
- Partnering with the GM and the Group, identify new business opportunities and transform the possibilities offered by technology into innovative solutions that can provide superior customer value;
- Manage relationships with stakeholders (internal and external to the company and the Group) and assess the possibility of initiating new collaborations;
- Define a roadmap of software development;
- Support the sales team by intervening in interactions with key customers.
The candidate, with a master degree in computer science, electronics, computer engineering or mathematical disciplines, and preferably with a similar PhD degree from a recognized university, has gained solid knowledge of Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning and their application to imaging/vision. He/she will possess strong managerial and leadership skills, with experience in managing vertical technical teams (research and development, front and back-end SW & HW developers, design, testers, assistance etc.) in companies and/or entities belonging to structured groups in the IT industry.
Skills required: strategic vision, IT agile project management proficiency, organizational, managerial and leadership skills, strong business orientation, intellectual curiosity and passion for challenging projects, ability to identify and seize business opportunities, ability and standing to develop and manage high-level relationships.